Millennium Sleep Lab provides portable home sleep testing (HST) that can result in diagnosing patients with Central or Obstructive Apnea, in the comfort and privacy of their own home and at a fraction of the cost of a traditional sleep lab. Millennium is JCAHO accredited and remains in compliance with the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) testing recommendations.
As the patient’s physician, you can screen for sleep abnormalities during routine visits and order a home sleep test. Millennium Sleep Lab will contact their insurance to authorize the test and perform a multi-night HST.
WHY IS MILLENNIUM SLEEP LAB A BETTER CHOICE
- Advanced HST testing devices (NightOne by Philips Respironics or WatchPAT by Itamar)…high resolution for sleep physician to make diagnosis.
- Multi-night, multi-channel test, including oximetry and body position… ensures sufficient data and distinguishes between central and obstructive apnea.
- Manual Scoring of all test data with periods of wake removed… eliminates false negatives.
- Interpretation by boarded sleep physician licensed in patient’s state… provides accurate diagnosis and recommendations.
Based on the results, you can:
- Rule out sleep apnea
- Confirm OSA and prescribe therapy OR
- Confirm complex sleep apnea and refer testing with titration in a sleep laboratory
OVERVIEW AND CARE EXPECTATIONS
- Provider sees a patient with symptoms of Sleep Apnea and faxes an order for a home sleep test (HST) to Millennium Sleep Lab.
- Millennium Sleep Lab (MSL) will verify insurance benefits and call the patient to schedule the home sleep test.
- MSL will deliver the home sleep study device to the patient on the scheduled date via USPS, UPS, FedEX, or by a representative of MSL. (Patient will NOT incur shipping costs)
- Patient will complete the study for 2-3 nights (depending on insurance coverage).
- Patient will return the device to MSL via a pre-paid shipper (per directions included with the device), or pick-up by a representative of MSL.
- Once MSL receives the device back from the patient, the data captured from the multi-night study will be downloaded and scored, and a patient sleep record will be created for our Board Certified Sleep Physician to interpret.
- When interpretation is complete, MSL will fax as summary report of the results and the doctor’s professional interpretation to the ordering provider’s office.
- Depending on each patient’s test results, the ordering physician will schedule a follow-up visit to continue to manage the patient’s sleep health.
- In cases of Sleep Apnea, Millennium Sleep Lab can send results to a DME provider for possible CPAP setup (providing the patient has authorized to do so).
Download HST Order Form
REFFERING PHYSICIAN LOG-IN
Link to Software Log-In
FIND AN AFFILIATE