Millennium Sleep Lab is now helping treat veterans that suffer with obstructive sleep apnea through oral appliance therapy. Millennium has worked for many years to properly diagnose veterans with sleep apnea, a common disorder that diminishes quality of life and increase risk of many dangerous medical conditions. We are excited to no longer just diagnose but also treat our veterans!
The appliances, specially called Mandibular Advancement Devices, are proven treatment of obstructive sleep apnea, especially for mild and moderate OSA. After a recent national shortage of CPAPs, the traditional treatment of sleep apnea, these oral appliances are an effective alternative that is available now.
VA hospitals can utilize the Community Care network to refer patients for oral appliance (E0486) which is considered a medical device even though it’s delivered by a dentist. Millennium Sleep Lab is a national community care provider with a growing network of dentists located near VA facilities.
Millennium’s Oral Appliance Service:
- Sleep Impressions is our network of dentists trained in dental sleep medicine to customize and deliver oral appliances to treat OSA.
- Sleep Impressions is part of Millennium Seep Lab which is a national VA Community Care (VACCN) provider.
- Millennium Sleep Lab is contracted with Optum and TriWest to cover the lower 48 states.
- Dentists follow American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM) guidelines to treat veterans and are dedicated to improving their health and quality of life.
Dental Director, Dr. Tom Gotsis, DDS, D’ABDSM, Retired Army Colonel, oversees Sleep Impressions dentists to ensure the highest level of patient care and efficacy of treatment
How it Works:
- VA provider orders oral appliance treatment and sends to Community Care.
- Community Care representative selects Millennium Sleep Lab as the provider on referral in the software (HSRM).
- Millennium’s local dentist provides consult, takes impressions, delivers the custom appliance, and adjusts the device over 180 days to ensure management of OSA.
- All documentation and proof of delivery will be uploaded by Millennium to the VA’s software.
Millennium Sleep Lab and Sleep Impressions are proud to provide service to our Veterans and strive to keep them healthy! If you or a veteran you know would like help improving their sleep Contact Us for assistance in showing your VA provider how to order.